Now that I've had a bit more time to think about MSU's offer, I've figured out that it can be made to work. I'd be doing quite a bit of part-time work, but it can definitely work.
I'm going to do a fair bit of eleventh hour scrambling to see if I can make any of the community college options come together with enough financial aid to make them actually cheaper than MSU's offer. But the real joy that dawned on me earlier today is: I'm out of limbo for the year. I have a plan which I can make work, which only has me going into debt for my education to the tune of about $11000 for the year. Even if all I do is complete my prerequisites at state and then jump ship for a cheaper school, so be it.
But I have a plan which can work, and thus I am out of limbo. No more waiting patiently and wondering. Now it is all planning, firefighting, and making things happen. I'm much better at being active than being passive.
Nursing school, here I come!
Okay, not actually. But here's the current meme:
- 10 years ago: 1995--Without question the worst year of my life, but with a few good flip sides. Death of my alcoholic abusive dad. Breakup of my only long-term, sharing-a-lease relationship. On the flip side, began building the foundation of my first small business, and lived entirely on my own for my first time ever. Learned a lot about friendship.
- 5 years ago: 2000 -- 1) Finished chairing my first SF convention (ConFusion 19100); 2) Graduated from massage therapy school; 3) Founded PenguiCon.
- 1 year ago: Decided that my business decision to follow my quasi-boss to a new town was a bad one. About 14 months into learning how to physically defend myself and those I care for. Began gearing up to stabilize my life.
- yesterday: Worked at the coffeehouse. Got financial aid for the nursing degree at MSU. Applied to WCC and LCC and made appointments with the nursing advisors. Created a nursing pre-req plan for this year at MSU. Provided transport for Ariel from her errand of mercy to her (current) home. Did a bit of bodywork on John's shoulder to loosen it up a bit more.
- Meet with WCC nursing advisor. Possible bodywork appointment. Possible dinner with friends, possible bonfire later in the evening.
- 5 snacks I enjoy: Havest Cheddar sun chips, white cheddar popcorn, Bolthouse Farms soy chai latte, Reeses peanut butter cups, expensive cheese/fruit/flavorful cracker combinations.
- 5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics to most of their songs: Ha. No one, I am *so* bad at the lyrics game.
- 5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Invest and live off it. Low cost/no cost alternative healing center. Travel a lot. Buy nifty things for people I love. Free myself up to do very little but help people.
- 5 locations I would like to run away to: Northern Michigan; isolated parts of Ontario; the middle of an ocean; Boston, MA; places I've not seen yet.
- 5 bad habits I have: overcommitting to avoid my unhappiness; messiness; driving while distracted; poorly matching income to outgo
- 5 things I like doing: being with friends, distance driving, distance biking, really good food, orgasms
- 5 things I will never wear: platform anything, most likely. Low rider jeans. Certain shades of pink. Princess cut clothing. Bell bottoms.
- 5 TV shows I like(d): B5, Northern Exposure, Dead Like Me, Stargate, West Wing
- 5 movies I like: Say Anything, Much Ado About Nothing, Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead, Sneakers, Princess Bride
- 5 people I'd like to meet: Dalai Lama, Madeleine L'Engle, not sure who else, not much of a groupie.
- 5 biggest joys at the moment: chosen kin, cats, nursing school, being near open water, frozen coffee drinks
- 5 favorite toys: ???
- 5 tagged: all those who want to play